Whatever honeymooners do, they can never be wrong in a place like Kerala. When it comes to entering into their marital bliss with Mother Nature blessing them profusely, this is one place you can relax, forget about the hustle-bustle of the wedding you left behind, and dream and plan about the life you are going to begin as couple.
In this blog, we have painstakingly collected the ingredients to make your honeymoon to be reminiscent with soft mushy memories with the right Kerala tour package.
Places to begin with
Kerala is home to some of the most romantic destinations, be they the popular beaches, some cool hill stations, some historical surprises or the rustic villages with unique blend of art, culture and nature-love. You will find yourself losing in mystical romantic aura of the locations. Some of the places are-
Activities to indulge in
In the above places, some of them are popular for backwater cruising, others for revelling in sunrise and sunset on the beaches, enjoying cosy dinners, participating in various thrilling activities and enjoying traditional festivals and annual competitions like boat races and bull races. Some of the activities with the destinations they are most popularly undertaken are-
Trekking and cycling: The mildly rough hilly terrain is perfect for a light workout together in the early morning mist, which is what you get to do in Munnar. So, don’t spend every day lazing around on your bed till late; sometimes it’s good to change and experience the novelty.
Adventure activities in different places: This one is for the couples who love some adrenaline rushing through their veins. Go parasailing in beaches of Payyambalam, Kovalam and Allappuzha; Climb mountains in Munnar, Wayanad, Thekkady and Thenmala; shake your spirits doing paragliding in Vagamon; Surf in Varkala; Bamboo rafting in Thekady; Kayaking in Alleppey; Paramotoring in Muzhipilangad, Payyambalam and Varkala.
Kerala backwater cruising: If all the adventure is giving you a high, relaxing on a houseboat is just what you need. Various routes are covered in numerous Kerala backwaters tour packages depending upon number of days you want to spend on the houseboat. Different villages and many unique aspects of the life lived there could be experienced on such a trip. Destinations could be Alleppey, Kollam, Payyanur, Kumbalangi, Ashtamundi, and many others.
Experiences to live
If being highly active is not on your list of to-dos while on your honeymoon but to just relax and unwind with your life partner, there are some must live experiences that are made special by the uniqueness of the place itself. The list could have following things on it; pick the ones that lift your spirits and transform your mood.
- Beach stroll (which could be done in any of the beaches you would come across)
- Romantic dinner (to pamper the romantics in you dressed formally to the best to impress each other)
- Sharing Sadhya together (which is a traditional elaborate Kerala cuisine to be shared from one plate)
- Sunrise & Sunset viewing (which goes with the beach stroll without saying)
- Getting wet in waterfalls (of Soochipara, Vazhachal and Attukal to name a few)
- Ayurvedic couple massage (to massage off the tiring journey as well as the wedding rush both of you had to live through)
- A treehouse / beach resort stay (for a nature-unique / luxury stay)
- A rendezvous with History in the streets of Fort Kochi (to give a break from being a glued couple)
With so much to have fun with on your Kerala honeymoon, you are just one step away from having a memory of lifetime!